Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Modified from the cherry marketing institute!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups apricot nectar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 cup dried tart cherry
- 1 (17 ounce) can apricot halves, drained and cut into wedges
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook chicken on gas or charcoal grill, under the broiler, or on top of the stove. Season, as desired; keep warm.
- In a large skillet, combine apricot nectar, vinegar, brown sugar and mustard; mix well. Add cherries. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Add apricot wedges; simmer 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Serve sauce over chicken.