Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe comes from an old church cookbook that I have been cooking out of for years. The dish is so easy to prepare, and everyone I've ever served it to has loved it. Be sure to use a good quality applesauce so the gelatin will get firm and set-up nicely. Cheaper applesauces have too much liquid in them for this recipe.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 2 cups good quality applesauce
- 1 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- Heat applesauce in a covered saucepan, over medium heat, until boiling. (Using a lid will prohibit splattering and cut down on clean up.).
- Remove from heat and stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add 7-up and stir to blend completely. Pour into a 5"x9" loaf pan and refrigerate until set.
Very very good salad. This was a huge hit with the kids. I used a chunky style applesauce and strawberry Jello. I used Sun Drop for the soda. This smelled so good and sets up very nicely. I would definitely make this again. Made and Reviewed for I Recommend Tag Game - Thanks :)
An interesting gelatin salad that's easy to make! I used Mt Dew for the carbonated beverage, but another time I'd like to try Sprite, & would also put the apple sauce in a strainer for 15-20 minutes to let any excess liquid drain off! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]