Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you like cherries, apples and a good dessert, this recipe is for you! I got it from the Apopka Walmart while shopping for myself in the last week of February. It's amazingly good!
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons margarine, cut into pieces and softened
- 4 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- 3 fresh red apples, washed,peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Mix oatmeal, flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add margarine and mix until crumbly.
- Keep aside.
- Then, in another bowl, combine cherries, apples, orange juice, sugar and 2 tbsps.
- brown sugar.
- Mix well.
- Place in a lightly greased bowl.
- Sprinkle with oatmeal.
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.