Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Using canned fruit for the filling makes this a quick and easy dessert. Serve warm with ice cream.
- 2 (1190.67 g) can cherry pie filling
- 425.24 g cansliced apples in syrup
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking oats
- 158.51 ml flour
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 88.74 ml butter or 88.74 ml margarine
- ice cream (optional)
- Combine filling ingredients and set aside.
- Mix together the oats, flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in the butter using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spoon half the filling into a 2 qt baking dish.
- Sprinkle half the topping mixture over the filling in the dish.
- Repeat layers with the remaining cherry and topping.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven 25 to 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
I wanted a warm dessert and since I had a can of cherry pie filling and apples, I decided to make this recipe. Boy am I glad I did! The aroma as it was baking was wonderful and the taste is out of this world! I know I'll make this one again very soon!
This was good, but a little too sweet for our tastes. I think we'd prefer it with tart cherries and might try it that way next time. It seemed like it needed something to offset all the sugar.
Very tasty! I had to sub peaches for apples but the result was really good! I only wish it was more firm or held together better. But my husband reminded me that "It all goes to the same place." Whatever.