Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
nice, light dessert for the summer
- 18 ounces angel food cake mix
- 1 cup maraschino cherry, drained, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon maraschino cherry juice
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line two 15 1/2"x10 1/2" x 1" jelly roll pans with aluminum foil.
- Prepare cake following package directions.
- Divide into pans. Spread evenly.
- Cut through batter with knife or spatula to remove large air bubbles.
- Bake at 350*.for 15 minutes or until set.
- Invert cakes at once onto towels dusted with powdered sugar -- Remove foil carefully.
- Starting at short end, roll up each cake with towel jelly roll fashion.
- Cool completely.
- Fold chopped cherries, coconut and cherry juice into whipped topping.
- Unroll cakes.
- Spread half of filling over each cake to edges.
- Reroll and place seam side down on serving plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.