A new twist to an old favorite! Cherries!
Make and share this Cherry Angel Food Cake - Homemade recipe from Food.com.
- Drain cherries thoroughly.
- Add salt, cream of tartar, almond flavoring, and vanilla to egg whites.
- Beat until foamy but not stiff.
- Beat in sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time.
- Sift flour 3 times and fold into mixture.
- Pour a layer in the bottom of an ungreased cake pan.
- Sprinkle in 1/2 cherries.
- Add remaining batter and top with remaining cherries.
- Bake in the oven at 325° for 50 minutes.
- Invert and allow to hang until cake cools and pulls away from sides of pan.
- Use whipped cream as frosting and top with whole cherries.