1/2 Photos of Cherry Angel Food Cake - Homemade
1 hr 10 mins
Traci & Jeff Poole1's Note:
A new twist to an old favorite! Cherries!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain cherries thoroughly.
- 2Add salt, cream of tartar, almond flavoring, and vanilla to egg whites.
- 3Beat until foamy but not stiff.
- 4Beat in sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time.
- 5Sift flour 3 times and fold into mixture.
- 6Pour a layer in the bottom of an ungreased cake pan.
- 7Sprinkle in 1/2 cherries.
- 8Add remaining batter and top with remaining cherries.
- 9Bake in the oven at 325° for 50 minutes.
- 10Invert and allow to hang until cake cools and pulls away from sides of pan.
- 11Use whipped cream as frosting and top with whole cherries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Angel Food Cake - Homemade
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 82.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: