Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A new twist to an old favorite! Cherries!
- 1⁄3 cup maraschino cherry, sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup egg white
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 cup cake flour, sifted
- Drain cherries thoroughly.
- Add salt, cream of tartar, almond flavoring, and vanilla to egg whites.
- Beat until foamy but not stiff.
- Beat in sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time.
- Sift flour 3 times and fold into mixture.
- Pour a layer in the bottom of an ungreased cake pan.
- Sprinkle in 1/2 cherries.
- Add remaining batter and top with remaining cherries.
- Bake in the oven at 325° for 50 minutes.
- Invert and allow to hang until cake cools and pulls away from sides of pan.
- Use whipped cream as frosting and top with whole cherries.
Cake was very delicious, and directions are so easy to follow! A recipe that the whole family will love.
A delicious cake, easy to make and great for DH who cannot have any fat in hs idet. Thanks for sharing
Very yummy cake! Fairly easy to make, too. Everyone liked it!