1/1 Photo of Cherry Angel Food Cake & Cherry Fluff Frosting
Found this recipe on an email that came to me..made it and it is terrific.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces angel food cake mix
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- water, to add to cherry liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1Place a rack in center of oven.
- 2Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 3Set aside an ungreased tube pan.
- 4Dump angel food cake mix in large mixing bowl.
- 5Drain juice from maraschino cherries, reserving 1 tbsp for frosting.
- 6To remaining maraschino cherry juice, add enough water to equal 1 1/4 cups liquid.
- 7Pour this liquid along with almond and vanilla extract into dry cake mix in bowl.
- 8Beat with electric mixer on low for 1 minute and stop and scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula. Increase speed to medium and beat for 1 minute more.Scraping down sides of bowl if necessary. Batter should look well blended.
- 9Pour batter into pan.smoothing top with rubber spatula.
- 10Place pan in oven on rack and bake till deeply browned and top springs back when lightly touched with fingers, about 38-42 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven and immediately invert onto a glass bottle neck upside down to cool for 1 hour.
- 12Remove from bottle and run a long knife around sides of cake.
- 13Invert onto cooling rack and then invert onto serving platter.
- 14Prepare cherry fluff frosting.
- 15Place reserved cherry juice, sugar, and egg white into a medium size saucepan.
- 16Cook over low heat, beating continuously with electic mixer on high speed, till soft peaks forms (2-3 minutes).
- 17Remove pan from heat and add marshmallow cream and beat with electric mixer on high till stiff peaks form.about 2 minutes. Fold in chopped cherries, is using.
- 18Spread frosting over top and halfway down sides of angel food cake and serve immediately.
- 19We usually don't have any leftovers, so I am not sure how well this stores.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Angel Food Cake & Cherry Fluff Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 151.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: