Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is such a cute cake and fool proof for beginner bakers. Frosting recipe of your choice or *dare I say it* a premade can of frosting
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 -3 eggs, depending on instructions on box of cake mix
- 2 (10 ounce) jars maraschino cherries (1 jar has to be cherries with stems)
- 3⁄4 cup maraschino juice
- 1 vanilla bean
- Preheat oven to box directions.
- Drain the cherries reserving juice; chop cherries in half and reserve.
- Prepare cake mix according to box directions, adding water and cherry juice to equal the amount of liquid needed for cake mix. (In my case, the amount of water called for on the box was 1 1/4 cup I substituted 3/4 cup cherry juice and 1/2 cup water instead)
- Fold the cherries and pecans into the cake mix; folding by hand.
- Pour mix into 2 round cake pans and bake in preheated oven.
- When cake has completely cooled, frost; serve and keep unused portions in refrigerator.
Very good! I followed the recipe to a "T" and it turned out a very pretty cake, dramatic.It would be a very good seller at a bake sale or on a buffet table. I would have taken a picture but we "eated" it....haha For a frosting I made homemade shortning/powdered sugar/vanilla/milk with a little food coloring. This recipe is a keeper, VERY MOIST. Thank you Nana Lee!