Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Tangy cherries hidden under soft custard and a crunchy brulee topping
- 500 ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways
- 200 g cherries, stoned
- 4 teaspoons kirsch
- 5 medium egg yolks
- 100 g caster sugar
- Heat oven to 200C/400F.
- Heat the cream and vanilla pod until almost boiling. remove for heat and stand for 10 minutes Remove and discard pod after 10 minutes.
- Divide the cherries and kirsch between 4 ramekin dishes.
- Beat together the eggs and 2 tbsp of the sugar. Slowly add the cream and stir well.
- strain the cream and add to the dishes.
- Place in a roasting tin and half fill the tin with water to create a bain marie.
- Cook for 15 minutes until a skin has formed and the custard is lightly set.
- Chill for 4 hours.
- Heat grill to hot. Sprinkle the sugar over the puddings and grill until the sugar caramelises .
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.