Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A recipe by Amanda Laird, found in a New Zealand newspaper Some interesting info I found.... A traditional Limousin clafoutis contains pits of the cherries. According to baking purists, the pits release a wonderful flavor when the dish is cooked. If the cherry pits are removed prior to baking, the clafoutis will be milder in flavor..... I'd like to make one with the pits and another without to find out which is better.
- Preheat oven to 180C or 356F.
- Combine the cherries, kirsch and lemon and let stand for a 1/2 hour.
- Grease a 20cm or 8 in round baking dish with the softened butter.
- Place the milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and flour into a blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into the dish then spoon over the cherries and juice.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Dust liberally with icing sugar, serve hot.