Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are fabulous cookies that are sure to wow your family and friends during the holidays :-) Recipe will double and triple easily.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 1 cup self-rising flour, sifted
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup unsulfured dried cherries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsulfured dried cherries, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shelled hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- First lightly grease a cookie sheet and preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place your butter, sugar and honey in a small pan and cook over low heat until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved; stir occasionally during this process.
- After the butter has melted and sugar has dissolved, remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine flour oats and 1/2 cup dried cherries.
- Add honey mixture to that bowl, and mix with a wooden spoon (please only use a wooden spoon... you will thank me) mix to form a sticky dough.
- Divide your dough into 9 rounds and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Press them into 1/2 inch thick rounds and sprinkle (evenly) with the 2 Tablespoons dried cherries and the 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts and press them into the dough.
- Place sheet into the oven and bake ookies for approximately 15 minutes until they are golden brown and slightly crisp on the outside.
- Allow them to cool on the sheet for approximately 5 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Your cookies should have a chewy, crumbly texture.