Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These tasty treats are perfect for Valentine's day.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine first 4 ingredients; cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Add 1 1/4 cups whipping cream and cherries, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; kneed 5 or 6 times.
- Pat or roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness; cut with a 5 inch heart shaped cutter and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Brush dough with remaining 1/4 cup whipping cream; sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 12 to 15 minutes or until scones are golden.
- Serve warm.