Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A beautiful and delicious dessert. Very easy too.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling, divided
- In a mixing bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, vanilla, and salt; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Set aside six cherries from pie filling.
- Spoon half of the remaining pie filling into parfait glasses; top with half of the cream mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with reserved cherries.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
I made these for dessert during Christmas. Very beautiful. I didn't use parfait glasses but just stemmed clear tea glasses that I already had and it worked perfectly. The whipped cream layer was light and certainly creamy. We love cherry pie filling so we were thrilled with that. I can see me making this and using other pie fillings as well. Thanks for an easy, stunning dessert.