Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Bon Appetit July 2008
Make and share this Cherry and Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dried tart cherry (about 5 1/2 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup cherry flavored liqueur (such as Cherry Heering)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, golden and packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 8 ounces)
- 1 1⁄4 cups white chocolate chips (about 8 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Bring cherries, cherry liqueur and 2 tablespoons water to boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat and let soak 15 minutes. Drain cherries, pat dry.
- Whisk flour, salt, and baking soda in medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs and both extracts and beat to blend.
- Add flour mixture and beat on low just to blend.
- Stir in cherries and all chocolate chips.
- Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies until edges are light golden, turning baking sheets halfway through cooking, about 13 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and cool.
- Can be made 3 days ahead, store airtight at room temperature.
These cookies are amazing! A must try for a change of pace for the tired ole choc chip cookie. I made a huge batch for a superbowl party and they got great reviews. I used port instead of cherry flavored liquer - yum!