Cristina Barry's Note:
Bon Appetit July 2008
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dried tart cherry (about 5 1/2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup cherry flavored liqueur (such as Cherry Heering)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, golden and packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 8 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips (about 8 ounces)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3Bring cherries, cherry liqueur and 2 tablespoons water to boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat and let soak 15 minutes. Drain cherries, pat dry.
- 4Whisk flour, salt, and baking soda in medium bowl.
- 5Using electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until creamy.
- 6Add eggs and both extracts and beat to blend.
- 7Add flour mixture and beat on low just to blend.
- 8Stir in cherries and all chocolate chips.
- 9Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 1 inch apart.
- 10Bake cookies until edges are light golden, turning baking sheets halfway through cooking, about 13 minutes.
- 11Transfer to rack and cool.
- 12Can be made 3 days ahead, store airtight at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.7
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 63.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cherry flavored liqueur