Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
One of my friends served this at a party at her home. I love cherries and when I found out how easy this was, I was floored. This is so great for your holiday party because it's very festive and is sure to be a hit.
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, divided
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 (11 ounce) cans refrigerated breadstick dough
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the cherries, almonds, 1 teaspoons zest, and brown sugar; mix well.
- Unroll the breadsticks and place side by side. Press the seams together to form one large piece of dough.
- Spread the cherry mixture all over the dough. Roll jelly-roll fashion and press the end to the roll to form a seal. Place seam-side down on a prepared baking sheet. Join the ends together to form a large ring.
- Cut 1-inch slices in the top of the dough all the way around. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the roll bakes, stir together the powdered sugar, orange juice, and the remaining 1 teaspoons zest. Drizzle over the warm wreath.