3 hrs 25 mins
Source: Pillsbury Cooking time includes 2 hour refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 eggs
Whipped Cream and Almond Cream
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese spread, softened
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1Heat oven to 350°F
- 2Grease bottoms only of two 9-inch round cake pans with shortening or cooking spray.
- 3In large bowl, beat all cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed just until combined; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour and spread batter evenly into pans.
- 4Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks.
- 6Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix pie filling and cornstarch.
- 8Cook over medium heat about 7 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- 9Remove from heat to cool.
- 10In medium bowl, beat whipping cream on high speed until soft peaks form.
- 11Beat in cream cheese spread until fluffy.
- 12Reserve 1/2 cup whipped cream mixture for garnish.
- 13Stir almonds into remaining cream mixture.
- 14With serrated knife, cut each cake layer in half horizontally.
- 15To assemble torte, place 1 half cake layer on serving plate; spread with 1 cup almond cream.
- 16Top with second half layer; spread with 1 cup cherry mixture.
- 17Top with third half layer; spread with 1 cup almond cream.
- 18Place remaining half layer on top.
- 19Spoon remaining cherry mixture on top of torte, spreading almost to edge.
- 20Frost side of torte with remaining 1 1/4 cups almond cream.
- 21Spoon reserved 1/2 cup whipped cream mixture into decorating bag with large star tip.
- 22Pipe cream around top edge of torte. Refrigerate about 2 hours before serving.
- 23Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Almond Torte
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.7
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 110.6 mg
- Sodium 447.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g