Recipe by Barb in WNY
This makes a pretty Christmas cookie. The original recipe does not give the yield, but I would estimate between 12-36.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 lb candied cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, beat in milk, a little at a time, until all is blended with the butter.
- Add lemon rind.
- Sift flour with sugar and salt; gradually add to butter mixture.
- Add nuts; mix well.
- Pinch off pieces of dough about a teaspoon at a time.
- Flatten dough in the palm of your hand; pinch dough up and around the cherry completely.
- Roll between your palm.
- place on lightly greased, floured cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 12 minutes.
- Roll in confectioners sugar while still warm.