Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
great flavoured shortbread
Make and share this Cherry Almond Shortbread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour
- 1 cup quartered glace cherries
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- Cream butter and sugar well in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Work into butter mixture.
- Shape into 4 rolls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Put each roll into waxed paper and chill.
- Cut into 1/4 inch slices and bake on an ungreased baking sheet at 200C degrees for 6-7 minutes until edges show some browning.