1/1 Photo of Cherry Almond Rice Pudding
This is from my Eat Well Stay Well cookbook. I haven’t tried it yet, but it looks like a great way to use up leftover rice. Dried cranberries or blueberries can be used in place of the cherries. 4 servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the rice until tender.
- 2Add the evaporated milk, brown sugar and orange zest; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- 3Uncover and cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until the rice is very creamy and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- 4Stir in the milk, vanilla and almond extracts and remove from heat.
- 5Cool to room temperature, stir in the cherries and almonds and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Almond Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.5
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 411.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: