Jazzed up version of classic oatmeal cookies
Make and share this Cherry-Almond Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 709.77 ml rolled oats
- 295.73 ml dried cherries, sniped
- 118.29 ml kirsch or 118.29 ml triple sec or 118.29 ml hot water
- 59.14 ml chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl combine cherries and kirsch, triple sec or hot water. Let stand for 30 minutes; drain well.
- Meanwhile, combine butter and shortening until well blended. Add brown sugar, sugar, baking soda and salt until well blended. Beat in eggs. Beat in flour until well mixed. Stir in oats. Add drained cherries and almonds.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 7-9 minutes or until tops are golden. Let cookies stand on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack; let cool.
- To store: layer cookies between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.