Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cherry pie filling is mixed into the muffin batter to make them moist and yummy!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup canned cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- Place dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients together and stir into the flour mixture.
- Mix just until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Fold in the cherry filling and almonds.
- Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Note: I would imagine that any fruit pie filling would work very well with this recipe.
This sounds so good. I will make these soon. You have such easy and delicious sounding recipes. I will be trying all of them.