Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Gather the kids to help pit cherries, this one is well worth making a few batches of!
- 946.0 ml chopped pitted bing cherry
- 1 package dry pectin
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml almond liqueur
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 1064.65 ml sugar
- Combine all the ingredients except sugar in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Skin foam.
- Ladle into clean, hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Process in a Boiling water bath for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
I made this jam as my first attempt at canning. My results were not perfect, as my jam did not solidify properly. It's a bit runny, but not so much that I won't use it or gift it away. I would halve the cinnamon and cloves next time and add more pectin. The spices make too strong of an influence on the jam and take away from the cherry flavor. I'd also add one more cup of cherries and perhaps 1/2 cup less sugar, so that i could get a full 6 jars.
I made this years ago and thought I reviewed it but I guess I didn't :oops: This is great jam. It has a nice, different flavor.