Recipe by Dib's
A friend of mine sent me this and I wanted to share it. It's really, really good.
Top Review by dogsandwoods
The June 9, 2009 Toledo Blade had a similar recipe. They called it 'Cherry Pie Jam' and the ingredients were too close to this recipe to post. The directions were the same. Here is the ingredient list: 4 c finely chopped, pitted fresh sour cherries (3 1/2 pounds); 1 T fresh lemon juice; 1-1.75 oz. box pectin; 4 3/4c granulated sugar; 1 1/2 tsp. pure almond extract; and--optionally--1/2 t unsalted butter. Maybe using the extract in place of the liquer will make it less runny.
- 3 (12 ounce) bagsfrozen sweet cherries, thawed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup almond liqueur
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 package fruit pectin
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop cherries.
- In a large stainless or enamel pot add cherries, liqueur and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil stirring frequently.
- Add sugar stirring until dissolved.
- Return to a rolling boil, stir in the pectin to dissolve and boil for 1 min stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and skim.
- Ladle into clean hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.