Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A friend of mine sent me this and I wanted to share it. It's really, really good.
Make and share this Cherry Almond Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Finely chop cherries.
- In a large stainless or enamel pot add cherries, liqueur and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil stirring frequently.
- Add sugar stirring until dissolved.
- Return to a rolling boil, stir in the pectin to dissolve and boil for 1 min stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and skim.
- Ladle into clean hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
The June 9, 2009 Toledo Blade had a similar recipe. They called it 'Cherry Pie Jam' and the ingredients were too close to this recipe to post. The directions were the same. Here is the ingredient list: 4 c finely chopped, pitted fresh sour cherries (3 1/2 pounds); 1 T fresh lemon juice; 1-1.75 oz. box pectin; 4 3/4c granulated sugar; 1 1/2 tsp. pure almond extract; and--optionally--1/2 t unsalted butter. Maybe using the extract in place of the liquer will make it less runny.
This jam had a nice flavor with the Amaretto. I used 4-1/2 cups fresh bing cherries and the 2 oz. size pectin and it turned out a little runny. I used 5 cups of cherries on the second batch and it turned out just right, but boiled it for 5 minutes instead of 1. You might note that it takes at least 24 hours for this jam to set. Thanks!