Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are excellent with tea or coffee. They are very similar to the one's sold at Trader Joe's.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup candied ginger, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In a food processor, mix the flour, sugar, butter, Cherries, ginger, salt and baking soda until it forms little balls.
- Add the eggs and almond extract.
- Roll out the dough on floured surface. Cut with 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter.
- Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. makes about 30 cookies.