Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Got this off the Food Network. Very easy, quick dessert--not to mention tasty. The sour cream is optional, but I think it adds a really interesting dimension to the dish. I found this makes quite a bit of topping, but then I like the topping. Hope y'all enjoy!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup prepared cherry pie filling
- 1 cup cherry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cool Whip or sour cream
- Cherry filling:.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Spray 4 (8 ounce) ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray, or use an 8 x 8 inch baking dish, like I did.
- Stir pie filling, preserves, dried cherries, and almond extract in a large bowl to combine.
- Spoon mixture into ramekins (or baking dish), and place on baking sheet.
- Crumble topping:.
- Toss oats, brown sugar, almonds and cinnamon in medium bowl to combine.
- Note: I used slivered almonds instead of sliced one, and it worked just fine.
- Drizzle melted butter over the topping mix; stir to moisten.
- Sprinkle over cherry mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until topping is golden and fruit filling bubbles.
- Serve warm with cool whip or sour cream.