Recipe by Rita~
You can use almond extract. Can you beat cherries and almonds yum!
Top Review by appleydapply
This was delicious, with the cherry and almond flavors blending perfectly. I used almond extract (about half the amount of liqueur called for, since the extract is so strong). My crust didn't turn out very well; it was very hard to cut without breaking up although I used a sharp knife. The directions didn't say how to mix, so I cut in cold butter by pulsing my food processor as I usually do for pie crusts and shortbreads. It was still delicious although it didn't make for a pretty presentation when served.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup almonds, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 3 teaspoons almond liqueur (divided)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, butter and almonds to make crust and press into an 8 in pie pan.
- Bake at 350 deg for about 15 minutes or until brown.
- Mix sugar, 2 teaspoon almond liquor and cream cheese together thoroughly till creamy. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Put mixture into pie shell. Mix 1 teaspoon of almond liquour with cherry pie filling. Top cheese mixture with cherry pie filling.
- Chill 2 hours or overnight.