Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons kirsch or 2 tablespoons hot water
- 3 cups cake flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Add cherries and kirsch to a small bowl; let stand for 20 minutes.
- Position oven rack in the center of oven; preheat to 325°; grease the inside of a 10-inch Bundt pan; dust the pan with flour.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl; whisk to blend and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, beat the butter and cream cheese on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add the sugar and beat on med-high speed until well blended and light, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Beat in the vanilla and almond extract.
- Add the flour mixture at low speed, mixing just until blended.
- Add in cherries, along with any remaining liquid, and mix until blended.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for 55-65 minutes, until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Dust the cake lightly with powdered sugar right before serving.