Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Two winning flavors together.
Make and share this Cherry Almond Coffeecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup regular oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chilled butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups pitted sweet cherries, quartered
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare topping, lightly spoon 1/4 cup flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Combine flour, brown sugar, oats, and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in 1 tablespoon butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Set aside.
- To prepare the cake, lightly spoon 1 1/2 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl; set aside. Beat granulated sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons butter at medium speed of a mixer. Add the yogurt, extracts, and egg; beat well. Add flour mixture, and beat at low speed until well-blended (batter will be thick). Spread half of batter in bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray, and top with cherries. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons topping. Repeat procedure with the remaining batter and topping. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.