1 hr 15 mins
This delicious coffee cake, which was developed by Robin Hood Multifoods' test kitchen, can also be made with apple or blueberry pie filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- 2Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly.
- 3Set aside 1/2 cup for the topping.
- 4Add the baking powder and baking soda to the remainder.
- 5Beat together the egg, buttermilk and almond extract.
- 6Add to the dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened.
- 7Spread two-thirds of the batter over the bottom and partway up the side of a prepared 8-1/2 or 9-inch springform pan.
- 8Spoon the pie filling evenly over the batter.
- 9Drop small spoonfuls of the remaining batter over the filling.
- 10Stir the almonds into the reserved crumbled mixture.
- 11Sprinkle over the batter.
- 12Bake for 65 to 75 minutes for a 8-1/2 pan or 50 to 60 minutes for a 9-inch pan in a preheated 350 degree F oven or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 13Cover with a piece of foil it the top is getting too brown.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Almond Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.7
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.1 mg
- Sodium 269.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 6.4 g