1/1 Photo of Cherry Almond Coffee Cake
I've taken this several times to gatherings and it's always cleaned up. Everyone asks for the recipe and I'm almost embarassed to say it's made from a cake mix. The recipe and instructions are made for a 15.5" x 10.5" jelly roll pan. If a different sized pan is used, you may need to adjust the baking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Generously grease and flour (or spray) one 15.5" x 10.5" jelly roll pan.
- 3Mix sour cream, water and eggs in a large bowl.
- 4Stir in cake mix until moistened. You will notice the batter is rather lumpy and that's fine.
- 5Spread batter into pan.
- 6Drop pie filling by large spoonfuls onto batter.
- 7Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done with a toothpick.
- 8Sprinkle top of cake with sliced almonds and drizzle with glaze.
- 9To make glaze:.
- 10Mix powdered sugar, milk and vegetable oil. Stir in a few extra drops of milk if necessary. Stir until mixture is smooth and of a desired consistency. Drizzle over warm cake.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Almond Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.5
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.4 mg
- Sodium 265.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 3.6 g