Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've taken this several times to gatherings and it's always cleaned up. Everyone asks for the recipe and I'm almost embarassed to say it's made from a cake mix. The recipe and instructions are made for a 15.5" x 10.5" jelly roll pan. If a different sized pan is used, you may need to adjust the baking time.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Generously grease and flour (or spray) one 15.5" x 10.5" jelly roll pan.
- Mix sour cream, water and eggs in a large bowl.
- Stir in cake mix until moistened. You will notice the batter is rather lumpy and that's fine.
- Spread batter into pan.
- Drop pie filling by large spoonfuls onto batter.
- Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle top of cake with sliced almonds and drizzle with glaze.
- To make glaze:.
- Mix powdered sugar, milk and vegetable oil. Stir in a few extra drops of milk if necessary. Stir until mixture is smooth and of a desired consistency. Drizzle over warm cake.
Wow this is very good and I can't believe no one has reviewed this yet. I used the french vanilla cake mix instead of the white. It was fabulous and I am going to try this using different flavored pie fillings....so darn easy....