I've taken this several times to gatherings and it's always cleaned up. Everyone asks for the recipe and I'm almost embarassed to say it's made from a cake mix. The recipe and instructions are made for a 15.5" x 10.5" jelly roll pan. If a different sized pan is used, you may need to adjust the baking time.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Generously grease and flour (or spray) one 15.5" x 10.5" jelly roll pan.
- Mix sour cream, water and eggs in a large bowl.
- Stir in cake mix until moistened. You will notice the batter is rather lumpy and that's fine.
- Spread batter into pan.
- Drop pie filling by large spoonfuls onto batter.
- Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle top of cake with sliced almonds and drizzle with glaze.
- To make glaze:.
- Mix powdered sugar, milk and vegetable oil. Stir in a few extra drops of milk if necessary. Stir until mixture is smooth and of a desired consistency. Drizzle over warm cake.
Wow this is very good and I can't believe no one has reviewed this yet. I used the french vanilla cake mix instead of the white. It was fabulous and I am going to try this using different flavored pie fillings....so darn easy....