1 hr 20 mins
A wonderful coffee cake topped with sliced almonds and with spoonfuls of cherry pie filling baked in the center. Note: Cook time is actually 1 hour and 5 minutes. Recipe from Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350° and butter a 10" diameter springform pan.
- 2Beat sugar and butter together until light, then add eggs, vanilla and almond extracts.
- 3Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into another bowl.
- 4Mix half of dry ingredients into butter mixture, then add sour cream, then add remaining dry ingredients.
- 5Pour 2/3 of batter into prepared pan.
- 6Drop pie filling by tablespoons over batter evenly.
- 7Drop remaining batter by spoonfuls over pie filling and using back of spoon, carefully spread batter over filling.
- 8Sprinkle with almonds and bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool in pan on rack, then cut around sides of pan and remove cake from pan.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Almond Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.6
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.0 mg
- Sodium 332.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g