Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup dried tart cherries or 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fleischmann's bread machine yeast
- Add ingredients to bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer, adding dried tart red cherries and almonds with flour.
- Recommended cycle: Basic/white bread cycle; light or medium/normal crust color setting. Do not use delay cycle.
How have I failed to review this recipe for soooo long?!?! I LOVE this bread, it's not really a sweet bread, so the occasional cherry really is a treat.<br/><br/>Oh, right... I haven't needed to come back to this page in 3 years, because the original printed copy never left my cook book. It's a staple :)