Recipe by Donna M.
The fun pink color of this bread comes from maraschino cherry juice. Top off the slices with a sweetened cream cheese spread. This recipe is from BH&G Breads Cookbook.
Top Review by buwala
I liked the flavor of this bread but I expected a little more cherry flavor from the description. It was very moist though. I suggest using a setting more than light bread. Mine needed a little more time. I enjoyed it when it was done!
- 1 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup maraschino cherry, halved
- 1⁄3 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dry yeast