Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A beautiful cake that is very yummy. Everyone will marvel over your creation when you show up with this cake. I served this at our 2006 Cookie Swap and it was a huge hit. From The Pampered Chef's All The Best Cookbook. Cooking time includes time for cake to cool and chill.
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) package sliced almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cherry preserves
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 -4 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- additional powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 11"X15"X1" pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour batter over parchment paper, spreading evenly.
- Chop almonds and spread evenly over batter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched with fingertip.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle powder sugar over cake.
- Place an additional piece of parchment paper over cake.
- Invert a cooling rack over the paper.
- Carefully invert cake; remove pan.
- Peel parchment paper from bottom side of cake; discard.
- Starting at short end of cake, roll up cake in parchment paper jelly roll style.
- Cool completely.
- Unroll cake and lay flat.
- Spread cake with preserves.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, whipped topping, almond extract and food coloring, if desired; mix well.
- Add pudding mix and whisk until thickened.
- Spread filling over cake to within 1 inch of edge; roll up cake.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle cake with additional powdered sugar, if desired.
- Slice using a serrated knife.
I substituted Strawberry Pie Filling for the Cherry (not a fan of mushy cherries). It was SOOOOOO yummy. Definitely another keeper from Pampered Chef