This is an old fashioned dessert...total comfort food. The cinnamon dumplings simmer with the fruit and soak up the sweet syrup. Wonderfully delicious! This recipe was printed in a cookbooklet that I received in one of our swaps.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, combine the cherries and 1/3 c sugar; bring to a boil on high heat.
- 2Reduce the heat to medium high and simmer rapidly until syrupy (this should take about 8-10 minutes).
- 3Combine the cinnamon and 1 T sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 5Gradually stir in the milk; mix until a wet dough forms.
- 6Very important: Do not overmix the batter as it should be wet and lumpy.
- 7Reduce the heat on the cherries to medium low and spoon tablespoons of batter over the simmering fruit.
- 8Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over dumplings.
- 9Cover the skillet and simmer very gently until the dumplings are set.
- 10The dumplings should be dry to the touch (this should take about 10-12 minutes).
- 11Enjoy warm served with ice cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherries With Cinnamon Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.0
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 234.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 44.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g