Recipe by LAURIE
Easy dessert to have in the freezer for last minute guests. Yummy and can be made to look very impressive! Cook time includes freezing time.
Top Review by Rita~
Don`t worry it will look like a cookies when it comes out of the oven, but will crumble very easily. I followed the directions, but I will next time mix the crumbs into softened ice cream (so to make it like cookies and cream). I also heated a spatula so slicing the ice cream was easy. I`m so tempted to go to the freezer for seconds! Yummy!!!
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened (I like French vanilla or I have used chocolate chip and cherry chocolate chip!)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons almond flavoring (optional) or 2 tablespoons rum flavoring (optional)
- whipped cream
- chocolate sprinkles or chocolate shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter, flour, sugar and pecans.
- Press lightly in 9x9 pan.
- Bake until light brown about 12 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove from oven and crumble with a spoon.
- Let cook completely.
- Remove 1 cup of crumbs.
- Press remaining back into the bottom of the pan.
- Pack ice cream evenly on top.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of crumbs over ice cream.
- Cover and freeze until firm about 4 hours.
- Just before serving, heat pie filling and flavoring if desired, stirring occasionally.
- Remove ice cream from freezer and cut into 3 inch squares.
- Spoon topping over each serving.
- Garnish with whip cream and chocolate.
- Serve Immediately.
- Can be frozen for up to 1 month.