1/2 Photos of Cherries Poached in Vanilla - Cerises Pochées
Poached Cherries in vanilla and lemon syrup can be served straight up, garnished with whipped cream or for cakes, filling for crepes or as an ice cream topping. Pronounced: suh reez / poh sheh
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the water, sugar, vanilla bean, and lemon zest in a medium saucepan. Place over low heat and stir until sugar dissolves.
- 2Raise the heat to high and bring the syrup to a boil.
- 3Stir in the fruit and the lemon juice. Cover the fruit with a lid slightly smaller than the diameter of the saucepan. This will keep the fruit submerged in the syrup.
- 4Reduce the heat to low and cook about 8 minutes.
- 5Allow the fruit to cool in the syrup, still covered, to room temperature. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherries Poached in Vanilla - Cerises Pochées
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: