Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Food & Wine. Italian
- 532.32 ml red wine
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 piece orange zest
- 907.18 g sweet cherries, halved and pitted
- 236.59 ml mascarpone cheese
- 36.97 ml honey
- In a medium stainless-steel saucepan, combine the wine, sugar, and orange zest. Bring to a simmer over moderately high heat.
- Add the cherries and bring back to a simmer. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, until the cherries are just tender, about 5 minutes. Pour into a glass or stainless-steel bowl so the cherries don't overcook.
- In a small bowl, combine the mascarpone with the honey. Remove the strip of orange zest from the cherries.
- Serve the warm cherries and syrup in bowls or stemmed glasses, topped with a large dollop of the mascarpone cream.