Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy served with vanilla ice cream. You can use redcurrent jelly in place of the cherry jam. The recipe comes from a supermarket magazine; Sainsburys I think.
- Put the wine and sugar in a non-aluminium medium saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally; simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the cherries to the pan, bring back to a simmer and cook gently for 6-8 minutes so that the cherries are soft, but do not collapse.
- Remove cherries from the liquid with a slotted spoon and set aside in a bowl; add the jam (or jelly) to the pan, turn up the heat and stirring the liquid occasionally, let the liquid bubble for 3-4 minutes or until reduced to a thickish syrup; remove pan from the heat and add the cherries to the syrup.
- Toast the brioche slices under the grill until lightly golden.
- Place the slices of brioche toast on plates and spoon the cherries over the top.