Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A twist on chocolate chip cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup dried sour cherries
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a flat paddle, cream the butter and sugar for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add the eggs, one @ a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Add the vanilla. Add the milk and mix until combined. On low speed, add the flour mixture and mix until incorporated. Fold in chips & cherries.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons (approximately 1/4 cup) of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet 2" apart.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are firm. Do not overbake.
- Cool 3 to 5 minutes on cookie sheet.
- Transfer warm cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
Oops...I made a boo-boo and added dried cranberries instead of dried cherries. The cookies were wonderful. Will put glasses on next time and try them with cherries :)