Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I don't remember where I got this, but it's a nice little crip dessert and easy to make.
- 1 (17 ounce) canpitted bing cherries, undrained
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur or 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup quick oats or 1⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- lightly whipped cream
- ground nutmeg, if desired
- FILLING: Combine cherries, liqueur and cornstarch in medium saucepan, mix until dissolved.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture has thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- TOPPING: Combine flour, sugar, rolled oats and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Add butter and mix with fingers or fork until crumbly.
- Place filling in a 3-4 cup shallow baking dish (or individual baking dishes).
- Sprinkle topping over fruit.
- Bake until topping is golden, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Annie...so good and better than using a plain old can of cherry pie filling! Warm with vanilla ice cream.....delish! TY