Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
One of my favorites. I've had it so long I've forgotten where it came from.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon cherry brandy
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) canpitted dark sweet cherries or 1 (16 ounce) can fresh cherries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
For the crepes
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- For crepes, blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat a 7 or 8" skillet.
- Brush with butter.
- Pour a scan 1/4 cup batter into the pan.
- Tilt pan to coat evenly.
- Cook over medium heat until golden.
- Turn crepe and cook the other side.
- Turn crepe out on plate, keep warm.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, 1 tablespoon brandy and powdered sugar until soft and creamy.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of this mixture on each crepe.
- Roll up crepes or fold into quarters.
- For sauce, drain cherries, reserving the syrup.
- Combine syrup, nutmeg and cornstarch.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, until mixture is clear and thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and cherries.
- Heat 1/4 cup brandy in small saucepan.
- Ignite and pour over cherry mixture.
- Spoon cherries and sauce over crepes.