Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a light version of Cherries Jubilee. I used Splenda brown sugar and only used 1 tbsp ..If you want you can use ice cream instead of the frozen yogurt. This is from a Quick and Simple magazine. Enjoy
- 15 ounces pitted dark cherries in juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kirsch (optional) or 2 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- 2 cups non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Drain the juice of the cherries into a saucepan.
- Whisk in the cornstarch and brown sugar.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Add cherries and stir to coat. Remove from heat and add carefully the brandy or kirsch. Return to heat and cook 1 minute.
- Scoop frozen yogurt into 4 bowls and spoon warm mixture on top.
Luscious! Makes me resolve to learn the minuet. Made for ZWT#8~France.
HOLY DOOLEY this is incrediably easy and absolutely divine. I used a 30 ounce bottled of sour cherries so doubled all the other ingredients . I did have to add a bit more cornstartch slurry. I also added a splash of Grand Marnier. Served over vanilla ice cream. Definite keeper. Made for the Aus/NZ region for ZWT5 made for team Zaar Chow Hounds