Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have made this for many years at Christmas time, but this year I am going to add fresh Blueberries for a 4th of July Red-White and Blue Dessert. With little flags in the top! :-)
- 1 angel food cake
- 2 (8 ounce) bars reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 (12 ounce) containers Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 (20 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup cherry brandy (optional)
- 1 pint blueberries (optional)
- Tear up the angelfood cake. You want 8 cups. (I carefully tear the outside brown edges of.).
- Beat the soft cream cheese with 1 teaspoons Almond extract.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Combine the cherry pie filling with half the cherry brandy (Kirschwasser) if using.
- To assemble: In your triffle dish 3 layers of each.
- 1/3rd aprox. of the Angel Food pieces. Sprinkle with some opt. cherry brandy.
- Next a layer of cherry pie filling.
- Next 1/3rd of the cream cheese mixture. Cover with blueberries.
- Repeat 2 more times.
- I decorate the top with some saved out cherries in the center with a ring of blueberries around them. And a few small flags in the center. Refrigerate several hour or overnight.
- You can make this more figure friendly by using. sugar free angel food Cake,sugar free Cool- Whip, and More Fruit Pie Filling! :-0.
My Stepmother makes this at every potluck. Very yummy! She makes it without the brandy or blueberries and she makes the full-fat version;). I've never gotten the recipe, thanks!