Prep 0 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This looks nice layered in a glass punch bowl.
- 1 (9 inch) angel food cake
- 3 (20 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 20 ounces Cool Whip
- Cut angel food cake into small cubes. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese.
- Gradually add milk, confectioner's sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Layer in punch bowl: cream cheese mixture, cake, cherries. Repeat.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Even though I'm not a coffee drinker, I made this full recipe to take to our mobile home park's once-a-week 'coffee klatch,' rather then the usual donuts or cookies usually offered! And, believe it or not, we ended up with more attendees that day (coming in late, though they did) than we've had in quite a while! Now I just have to find the appropriate ingredient amounts for making this on a smaller scale so we can enjoy it at home another time! DELICIOUS in the extreme! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
Just as I remember my ex making it, and it is excellent!! Simple and straightforward dessert with lots of potential, or keep it simple as in the recipe. It will surely delight anyone treated to it!!!