Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
As seen while surfing All Recipes
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) angel food cake
- In a saucepan, combine cherries, sugar and flour.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until smooth.
- fold in whipped topping.
- Pour half of the cream cheese mixture into a 9x12 inch glass dish.
- Crumble the angel food cake and sprinkle evenly over the top of cream cheese mixture in dish.
- Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over cake.
- Cover top with cherry mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours.