Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2006
Make and share this Cherries in Red Wine recipe from Food.com.
- Put the cherries in a heatproof casserole that can also be used for serving.
- Stir the wine and sugar together and pour over the cherries.
- Cover and cook over low heat about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, uncover and cool the cherries in the liquid for 30 minutes.
- Drain the wine into a saucepan.
- Place it over med-high heat and boil until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Stir in the jelly and stir over low heat until the jelly is dissolved.
- Pour the mixture over the cherries and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- To Serve:.
- Serve the cherries very cold.
- They make an excellent topping for vanilla ice cream.