Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious and elegant dessert.
- 1 lb fresh sweet cherries
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pinot noir wine
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Rinse and drain cherries.
- Discard stems and pit the cherries.
- In a medium saucepan, add water and brown sugar; bring to a simmer.
- Add red wine and lemon zest.
- Bring back to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pitted cherries; let mixture return to a simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover with a lid, and let cool to room temperature.
- After mixture has cooled, refrigerate over night.
- Spoon cherries and liquid into individual serving bowls.
- Serve with your favorite wafers, cookies or ice cream.