Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a food blog that I cannot recall, sadly
Make and share this Cherries & Coconut Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces flour (230 g)
- 6 ounces sugar (170 g)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds or 1⁄2 cup coconut
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, melted butter, coconut milk and extract.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the wet ingredients. Fold in the cherries. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Divide between muffin tins lined with cupcake liners, or other molds. I used Reynolds heart shaped molds, coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350°F, for 20-25 minutes.