Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was about to make Sheri D's Amaretto Sourcream Strawberries #161835, when my mom stopped by with 3 pounds of fresh Bing Cherries from Eastern Washington. She makes the 5 hour drive annually in July just to get fresh cherries and stock up on wine for the year! She saw what I was making and suggested the following recipes for the cherries. I don't care for the taste of powdered sugar, and I don't think the recipe needs it, so I don't use it, but you decide. These are so simple, elegant (except for spitting out the pits) and yummy! Enjoy!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh cherries (leave any stems on)
- 1⁄2 pint light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto (up to 4 tablespoons)
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- Mix sour cream and Amaretto. Add more Amaretto to taste if needed.
- If desired, add powdered sugar to mixture.
- Place sour cream mixture into small "dipping" dish.
- Place brown sugar into second small "dipping" dish.
- Dip cherries in sour cream and then the brown sugar.
- Eat and enjoy!
So simple and so good! I skipped the powdered sugar and used low fat sour cream--Delicious, summery tasting little dessert. Thanks, Mrs. G!